Summer is all about having fun. The sun is out, the days are long, and the beach beckons. It’s the perfect time to embrace your natural beauty and test out great new trends. Looking cute can be virtually effortless if you know how to grab a hold of your inner summer glow.
Sweep a tiny bit of sheer bronze or gold eyeshadow across your eyelids, up to your eyebrows. Use less product the higher up you get.
Hydrate and protect your lips with a tinted balm, brush on a fresh coat of waterproof mascara and you’re good to go!
If you feel uncomfortable in shorts, try bermudas or petal pushers. Only wear what you feel comfortable in.
Make sure your decolletage and derriere aren’t hanging out, unless you plan on courting some unwanted attention from guys.
- In the end, these are all just suggestions. When push comes to shove, wear what you want, wear what you love, and wear what looks good on you.
- ‘Wear sunglasses. Sunglasses instantly up your cool factor and shield your eyes from harmful UV rays. Try on a ray-ban lookalike, or the new cat-eye style. Wear shades that aren’t too big—they can get in the way and make you look like you’re trying terribly hard (e.g. Paris Hilton). Not only will sunglasses help you look great, but that hottie at the pool will never know you’re checking him out.
- Tan carefully. Make sure you use SPF 15-30 sunblock, and don’t get more sun than your body wants.
- Take good care of your teeth. Flash those pearly whites at all the cute boys.
- Stay in shape. Nobody’s expecting you to magically morph into America’s Next Top Model, but looking good will help you feel your best. Visit your local gym, run around your neighborhood, or take a swimming class. Don’t expect immediate results, but keep at it. Slow and steady wins the race.
- Wear hats. Protect your face and hair from the sun. Nobody wants hair damage or sunburns. Hats are also really stylish right now, so take advantage of them. A floppy wide-brim hat or a sweet fedora in natural fabrics is something the doctor and stylist can both agree on.
- Try not to get drunk because the hangover will ruin the next day, and you only have a few days wherever you are.
- Summer is all about fun! Remember to do fun patterns, colors, and prints. They will look great, and will get that cute lifeguard at the beach to notice you!
- Don’t wear classless clothes. Sure, those frat boys might drool over them, but always remember–you’re more than a piece of meat.
- Don’t overdo the eye makeup; it can run and look nightmarish.